Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Forks Over Knives


So the other night at my dad's birthday dinner, my brother told me about a documentary called "Forks Over Knives".

FORKS OVER KNIVES examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting animal-based and processed foods. (from forksoverknives.com)

I thought it was really interesting and it really made me think about my food choices and the food that I feed my kids. My boys drink so much milk it's ridiculous, like a gallon every 2 days, and to think that the milk that they drink is actually doing them more harm than good is kind of disturbing. The idea that the elimination of meat and dairy can actually reverse heart disease and cancer? Yes, please!

 If you get a chance to watch it I definitely recommend it...I watched it on Netflix.

I am going to try and make more meatless meals in my household and see how it goes because I know I couldn't just go cold turkey (ha, no pun intended) on the no meat and dairy.

 Mark is definitely a carnivore and loves his steak and red meat.  If anyone has any yummy vegan or vegitarian recipes to share let me know!! I already eat lots of fruits and veggies and I don't drink milk so that will be easy. The hard part will be cheese because I LOVE cheese!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I want to se that, but no way am I giving up meat. I love it too much. On my blog I have a sight "little house of veggies" she has a ton of recipes with out meat, maybe even dairy I believe she is vegan. So far things are good and easy to make.
    Hope all is well,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jaymi!
    we watched this too and it has totally changed the way i eat forever!!!
    i think everyone should watch it.

    ReplyDelete