Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter 2010


It has been way too long since my last post. I don't know what has gotten into me. I just have not felt like blogging. Maybe it is because I have just been so busy that the last thing I feel like doing is blogging. With this Get Fit Challenge added in my mix on top of all my motherly/wifely (are those words?) duties and trying to stay on top of my eBay store, I am just exhausted by the end of the night. The funny thing is I haven't been sleeping well either so that is just another thing to add to the list. Okay, enough complaining. 

We went to the river last weekend and it has taken me this entire week to finally feel back on track. I don't know why it always throws me for a loop when we go. It is probably because it takes me an entire week to get ready to go and then an entire week to unpack for only a couple days of fun. 

It is worth it though, for sure. The boys had so much fun. It was perfect weather. The water, on the other hand, was FREEZING. That didn't stop Talan from playing in it though! That kid is nuts! Nothing phases him. Nothing gets in the way of his good time! Haha. Gavin also had a blast sitting on the beach watching his brother and cousins play and playing in the sand.

On Easter the Easter Bunny visited our trailer. They got baskets full of goodies. They also had an easter egg hunt outside on the grass in front of the trailer. Troy, Cade, Talan and Brodie ran around and had a blast finding the eggs. Gavin crawled around and got a couple eggs. He had no clue what was going on but loved to watch. We had a nice relaxing weekend and can't wait to go back! 

Here are some pictures from the river...

Talan being his crazy self. I swear I feed my child! He looks so skinny in these pictures. I wish I had as much energy as he does and his metabolism.
Gavin playing in the sand
Talan playing in the water.
My mom, Mark with Gavin and Talan riding in the back.
Camera is a little blurry (Gavin got some slobber on the lens..woops)
I had to post this. It was so funny after Talan's bath I put lotion on his face and it stung his sunburn. He insisted that I put bandaids on it. As soon as they were on he forgot about the sunburn. Haha
Talan opening his card from Great-Grandma
Thank you Great Grandma!
Cade and Talan on the way to the easter egg hunt.
They couldn't get there fast enough!
Hunting for eggs
Cousins (Troy came out from Tennessee)
The whole gang.
This is how much work goes into one picture. Mark and my sister-in-law Jaime helping to arrange the kiddos.


This is what all that work gets you, still not a perfect picture but cute!

2 comments:

  1. What a GREAT Easter at the river! They boys both look like their hair is getting lighter? Could it be the river trips? :)
    I know what you mean about blogging. Some days I can't wait to get on and other days I feel overwhelmed by it all and stay clear of the computer! Hope you get back into your blogging groove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great Easter! Cute pics, and cute boys!! I hear ya on the blogging thing, I'm in a funk right now, no time = no blogging. Oh well.

    Nominated you for something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete